On Saturday, 10/15/16 Old Stone Dock Association Board Member Steve Saunders spent a couple of hours cleaning the brass lettering on the monument at Surf Drive Beach. It states: STONE DOCK 1817 – The original dock, built in 1806 was destroyed by the storm of 1815. It was the Town’s landing place for whalers and packets. This monument was erected by the Town of Falmouth 1930.
While he was cleaning the plaque, Board Member Terry Saunders swept the sand off of a portion of the sidewalk.